M95 connection MQTT Issue

Hello! I was trying to make a connection to the cloudmqtt server using M95 but got this answer in the log. I followed the AT commands according to the document. The M95 firmware version is at the beginning of the log. Any idea what it might be?

LOG:

AT

OK

ATI

OK

Quectel_Ltd

QuectelM95

Revision: M95FAR02A08

AT+CPIN?

+CFUN: 1

+CPIN: READY

+QNITZ: "20/06/10,14:01:57-12,0"

AT+CSQ

+CSQ: 99,99

OK

AT+CREG?

+CREG: 0,2

OK

AT+CREG?

+CREG: 0,2

OK

AT+CREG?

+CREG: 0,1

OK

AT+COPS?

+COPS: 0,0,"TIM BRASIL"

AT+QIMODE=0

OK

AT+QICSGP=1,“timbrasil.br”,“tim”,"tim"

OK

AT+QIREGAPP

OK

AT+QICSGP?

+QICSGP: 1

OK

AT+QIACT

OK

AT+QILOCIP

AT+CGATT?

+CGATT: 1

AT+QMTCONN?

+CME ERROR: unknown

AT+QMTOPEN=0,“soldier.cloudmqtt.com”,15234

AT+QMTCONN=0,“test”,“xqpfrtrv”,"ckBhApM48ser"

Hello,

Your firmware version doesn’t support MQTT function. MQTT function is supported in firmware from M95FAR03A03.

Best Regards,

Thanks for reply @WillieYao-Q! Is there a way to update the firmware?

Here is latest M95F firmware link M95FAR03A05: https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/america-fae_quectel_com/EemP7qvOwAFHqaH5YFvJhzYBfhzpyto6_ks_wuwYFqq1dQ?e=fUqyKp

And here is qflash tool link(user guide included): https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/america-fae_quectel_com/ER1m3nZSTxJEtsUysAsi80cB8xyUvUh_nXHJr2SchfbtJA?e=F3bkiL

You could follow the user guide first. If you can’t upgrade the firmware. Pelase contact local FAE support team for support.

2 Likes

Ok! Thanks again for your support @WillieYao-Q!

Shaymon, did you manage make the software upgrade ?

@afk Yes. Do you need help?

Hello @Shaymon_Alvarez

For the moment I am good, but if you had a set of instructions it would be nice to have them here for the next that will come or for me, when I will need them.

Thank you in advance and have a great day!

Hello @Shaymon_Alvarez
How you upgrade the software using Qflashv4.16 tool.?
Thank you in advance !

Hello @WillieYao-Q
I am not able to update the firmware of M95 GSM.
Please do the help.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @Sana_Shaikh and @afk . The only instructions I followed were from the user guide of the Qflash software. I was able to upload the firmware both in version v4.16 and in v4.18 of Qflash. An important instruction that made a total difference for me was to follow this line that the user guide says:

"For M10/M66/M72/M80/M85/M95/MC60/BC95 modules, switch the D/L to “ON” on EVB
within 30 seconds after clicking “Start” button, and then manually restart the module. In this
way, as shown in the following figures, the firmware upgrade will be started. "

My update was not working because I forgot that detail. And if you are not using an M95 evaluation board (EVB) and are using the direct chip, this pulse described as “D / L” will be the M95’s PWRKEY pin. You will need to direct it to the ground (gnd) within 30 seconds to start the upload.

1 Like

Thanks for reply @Shaymon_Alvarez !
I will try and let you know.

Hello @WillieYao-Q.
From link ,you provided,I am not able to install QFlash tool.Any idea what might be issue?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Sana,

The Qflash tool doesn’t require installation. You can ran QFlash_V4.16.exe directly. What’s the error when you open it?

Best Regards,

Thanks for the reply!
From link ,I downloaded that QFlash tool folder.But I did not find .exe file.

Thanks in advance.

Please click “Download” idrectly, don’t choose anything.

Yes.I downloaded directly but in that folder many files are there,which file should I run?I ran application ,but did not open.

Thanks !

Hello @WillieYao-Q
Any other way to upgrade firmware of M95 GSM?

Thanks!

Anyone suggest me how to upgrade firmware of M95 ? I want to implement MQTT using M95 GSM module.My module does not support MQTT commnads.I require it urgently.

Thanks in advance.!

Hello everyone,

I am facing the same issue I am unable to upload the firmware I am sharing the screenshot of the issue which I am getting on QFlash it would be great help if you all help me out @afk @Shaymon_Alvarez

Thanks and Regards