Firmware for EG18-EA

Please can help me ? Can you send to me DFOTA or FULL image for restore my module, a this time it has EG18EAPAR01A13M4G Brocken version, it was failed during update. I want to rollback to EG18EAPAR01A08M4G

Please help me

1 Like

Could I please get the latest DFOTA version for this? My current version is EG18EAPAR01A08M4G. Thanks.

Please re-launch the DFOTA requirements topic and someone else will help you request the DFOTA packet

Hi,

I’ve started a new topic for the DFOTA of EG18-EA,
but no one responded to me after several days.

May You help me?

Have you solved the problem?

Hi, yes i did

I discovered a workaround to rollback on EG18EAPAR01A08M4G. However, to do so, you’ll require the root password for accessing minicom. Following that, you’ll need to send commands to the Quectel module to flash the firmware.

The simplest workaround to avoid the message “illegal image” was to remove the SIM card before the update.

Note that ***_01.200.01.200 firmware is for Netgear routers
and (I suppose) you need the ***_01.001.01.001 for Zyxel routers.

The last official LTE firmware from Zyxel is
EG18EAPAR01A12M4G_01.001.01.001

You may download it from there:

In any case the sequence for restore the old firmware is here:

To restore version A08 on the Zyxel, follow these steps:

1. Upload the zip file (e.g., Update_R01A13M4G_01.200.01.200-EG18EAPAR01A08M4G.zip) through the firmware update menu, like a regular update. Wait approximately 15 minutes to ensure the file is fully uploaded.

2. Connect to the modem via SSH and access the console using the root user.

3. Enter the command: microcom /dev/ttyUSB3 or microcom /dev/ttyUSB2 depending on the router model.

4. Type the command: AT+QFLST=“*”. This should display the list of images to be flashed. For the Zyxel, the response should be: +QFLST=“UFS : DFOATUpgrade.zip”,42726481

5. Enter the command: AT+QFOTADL=“/cache/ufs/DFOATUpgrade.zip” to start writing the image to the flash.

6. The modem will display a sequence like “UPDATING, 10----40—” until reaching 100%. Once complete, the LTE module will restart.

7. Wait for 20 seconds and enter the command: ATI. This should display the firmware version installed on the LTE module for Zyxel, like EG18EAPAR01A08M4G.

Restart the router to complete the operation.

2 Likes

Hi,

thank you for your kind help. I have done the steps to restore the old firmware. Unfortunately I have an ERROR
after I have issued the command: AT+QFOTADL=“/cache/ufs/DFOATUpgrade.zip”

Do you have any idea why I have got the message “ERROR” ?

Ok sometime appen when the module already has an update file in UFS.

Try todo this command AT+QFDEL=“*” then upload the file through WEBUI and repeat the sequence from start

Best regards