EC25 locking procedure

Hi, I have a EC25 modem and I do not plug the SIM card.
When I want to set a different technology (2G, 3G, 4G) or different operator (MNC) using the following commands, “servingcell” is still the previous one.

AT+QENG="servingcell"

+QENG: "servingcell","LIMSRV","WCDMA",432,35,5962,9C58AFF,2993,453,1,-57,-11,-,-,-,-,-

OK
AT+COPS=1,2,"43235",0

OK
AT+QENG="servingcell"

+QENG: "servingcell","LIMSRV","WCDMA",432,35,5962,9C58AFF,2993,453,1,-57,-5,-,-,-,-,-

OK
AT+COPS=1,2,"43211",2

OK
AT+QENG="servingcell"

+QENG: "servingcell","LIMSRV","WCDMA",432,35,5962,9C58AFF,2993,453,1,-60,-6,-,-,-,-,-

OK

I have 2 questions:

1- How can I apply the above locking on the modem? Is there a memory or similar concept which the current serving cell information is stored and I have to reset or clear before/after locking on the MNC or technology? Is there a complementary command to satisfy the locking conditions?

2- I know that in AT+QCOPS command, I can set scan technology in the first argument (1:2G, 2:3G, …, 7:2G+3G+4G). Now, does the result of AT+QCOPS=7,1,1,2 change after locking on a MNC or a technology (i.e. after solving question 1) or also a band on the modem? In the other words, if I lock on band 8, the result of AT+QCOPS=7,1,1,2 is in band 8 or not?

Dear Mortezaaliahmadi,
Please check the following answers to your question. Thanks!
1- How can I apply the above locking on the modem? Is there a memory or similar concept which the current serving cell information is stored and I have to reset or clear before/after locking on the MNC or technology? Is there a complementary command to satisfy the locking conditions?
[A]:
Yes, the module will store the network information that it can access at last time. And you do not need to reset or clear it. As you know that you already locked the PLMN to 43211 and without SIM card, the return value of AT+QENG have no any problem. I have explain to you that the results meaning that it is limited to access the network of 43235, and the results have no more meaning, please do not care about it. Thanks! If you want to lock the PLMN, you can use AT+COPS, if you want to lock BAND or network mode,or service domain, you can use AT+QCFG command. I think all the command are enough for you, please double check the AT command manual. Thanks!

2- I know that in AT+QCOPS command, I can set scan technology in the first argument (1:2G, 2:3G, …, 7:2G+3G+4G). Now, does the result of AT+QCOPS=7,1,1,2 change after locking on a MNC or a technology (i.e. after solving question 1) or also a band on the modem? In the other words, if I lock on band 8 , the result of AT+QCOPS=7,1,1,2 is in band 8 or not?
[A]If you lock the module to BAND 8, of course the results should be just in band 8. Thanks!

Thanks Kyson for your reply, I have 3 operators (PLMN) and I want to lock on each of them and after locking on each operator, I want to see the neighbor cells of that operator. How can I do that?

If you want to check the neighbor cells, why you must lock the PLMN ? Normally, if you have lock PLMN, it is better to use AT+QENG=“neighbourcell” to check the neighbor cell information. And if you want to use the command AT+QCOPS to scan current available networks, it is no need to lock the PLMN. Thanks!

Thanks, but AT+QENG=“neighbourcell” returns the neighbor cells of the current operator. So I can not see the neighbor cells of the other operators. I want to lock on a operator with AT+QCOPS and after checking
AT+QENG=“servingcell”, use AT+QENG=“neighbourcell” to see the neighbors. Next I want to repeat this procedure for another operator (i.e. AT+QCOPS, AT+QENG=“servingcell”, AT+QENG=“neighbourcell”). Can you guide me?

If that, how about to test it without lock PLMN? Just use AT+QENG=“servingcell” to check the current serving cell information, and use AT+QENG=“neighbourcell” to check the neighbor cell information. Thanks!

But AT+QENG=“neighbourcell” returns the neighbors of just one operator. How about the other operators neighbors using AT+QENG=“neighbourcell”? To do that, I think that I have to lock on each operators and use AT+QENG=“neighbourcell”. But I can not lock!

Dear Mortezaaliahmadi,
If you want to scan the neighbor network, you can use AT+QCOPS to check it, which contains much information than AT+QENG, but it is without SIM card.
When you insert SIM card, even you lock the PLMN, the AT+QENG still can not meet your requirement. Please note. Thanks!

To do that, I think that I have to lock on each operators and use AT+QENG=“neighbourcell”. But I can not lock!
[A]You cannot lock PLMN? The method i provided you cannot take effect ?

Thanks Kyson, without sim, the command you have mentioned before i.e. AT+COPS=1,2,“43211” (43211 is new operator) does not work. There is no error but AT+QENG=“servingcell” returns still the previous operator! Can you test yourself?

Dear Mortezaaliahmadi,
I have checked in my side, please check the following comments. Thanks!
1.Without SIM card, you can check the neighbor network information with command AT+QCOPS. Please note that locked PLMN just can take effect with SIM card. So it can not take effect without SIM card. The same results as you.
2.With SIM card, you can lock PLMN normally, but you should know that if you have locked PLMN, the command AT+QENG=“servingcell” just can display the previous operator if you do not change the SIM card(which corresponding the PLMN that you locked). But it will limit to access the network. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you very much Kyson for your reply.

Hello there. I have a router iRZ RL01W with EC25 module inside. I need to get RSRP, SINR, RSRQ and stuff values from the module to check up signal quality from cell station to tune up my antenna position. As i got from internet there is an engineering mode in EC25 witch helps do this. Then i use talk -t /dev/ttyMODEM1_AUX -c +QENG=? it answer +QENG: (“servingcell”,“neighbourcell”,“3gcomm”) - looks OK what module support action.
But if to apply talk -t /dev/ttyMODEM1_AUX -c +QENG=“servingcell” = only one answer in all cases is ERROR.
Could you help me understand what is wrong and why my module answer ERROR to command ? How to get full signal quality values from module ?