EC25-AU unable to auth against Vodafone (NZ) radius

Hi,

Using the EC25-AU to connect to Vodafone PAPN and authenticate against Radius fails.

Vodafone report that the auth packets coming from the modem appear as IPCP and not as PAP.

EC25’s are running in ECM mode (AT+QCFG=“usbnet”,1) and are in a MikroTik LtAP router (running RouterOS 6.46.6).

When connecting to public APN it works fine. As soon as you specify PAPN with username and password it fails authentication.

Packet trace from Vodafone shows requests coming in as type IPCP with no PAP info being sent.

Is there a way to change the auth requests coming out of the EC25-AU??

Dear Malota,
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel forum.
Just as you have said that if you use public APN, it can work fine, but if you use specify APN with username and password, it cannot work, if that it is better to check whether the APN, username and password is correct, please double check with the operator. Thanks!
If you want to change auth,you can try to use AT+QICSGP command to change it. Thanks!

I’ve found if I set it back to AT+QCFG=“usbnet”,0 that I can then get the correct auth packet going through to vodafone correctly via a PPP interface rather then the LTE interface.

Could this be a firmware issue with the EC25-AU (EC25AUFAR06A03M4G) running in ECM mode or could it be the RouterOS driver not passing through the PPP information correctly?

Dear Malota,
As you know that the module can support ECM mode via set AT+QCFG="usbnet"command, but it is do not need to install the driver , and this driver is installed on the system by default. If it have the issue, it maybe caused by the system driver, so it is better to check it. Thanks!