Differences between ECxx and EGxx

Hi,
I have task to select right LTE module for our new device. our device is a LTE router with the max download speed of 80Mbs which falls in CAT 4 of lte specification.
I’ve seen some modules that Quectel provides but can’t understand the differences.
There is a module named EC20 which has speed of max 150Mbs
There is an other module EG95 which also has speed of max 150Mbs . There is an statement in description which says “These make EG95 an ideal solution for numerous IoT applications that are not reliant on high speed connectivity but still require the longevity and reliability of LTE network” which I can’t really understand it because if it is in the Category 4 it should provide the DL speed of 150Mbs.

I know that they have differences in other things like peripheral but my comparison is only in the LTE domain.

Thank you

Dear Davidx,
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel forum.
For your question, please check the following answers.

1. EC20 is apply for China domestic markering, if you want to use in oversea marketing, please choose EC25. They are use the same chipset.
  2. EC20&25 are all LCC package, while EG95 is LGA package.
  3. EC20&25&EG95 are use the same qualcomm chipset, they support the same function, and are all CAT4 module.
  4. you can choose the proper module according to your application. Thanks!
1 Like

Dear Kyson,
thank you for your fast response.