BG96 - QFlash for Linux doesn't seem to work

I understand that there’s Quectel applications for Windows to transfer files and run certain AT commands. My question pertains to the Linux environment, as in the product description of BG96 it does say:

(USB drivers for Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Linux and Android)

I’ve written my own little tool that uses the AT commands in order to send files to the modem. However I am only able to upload these files to the UFS, I cannot access the /datatx/ directory in order to send my application and .ini files there.

Is there something that I have missed? Considering that QFlash & qfastboot is supposed to work with the device (on Linux, mind you, it’s in the dev kit), there must be a way to write a tool to upload these files. I thought that I would be able to do something like this:

AT+QFUPL="/datatx/app.bin",[size],[timeout],[ack]
<Wait for CONNECT then send 1024 chunks of data>

But alas, it doesn’t work as it apparently doesn’t recognize the folder as legitimate storage space.

The next thing I tried was an attempt to query the same commands that are used to flash the firmware image, hoping that they would give me access to some more functionality. (In the end, the tools provided by Quectel need to query something on the device to be able to do it in the first place) Though AT+qfastboot doesn’t work and as I’ve mentioned before, neither adb devices nor fastboot devices shows any devices to be connected.

I have read online that there’s a python script called QFLOG.py. Is there any possibility you could throw it in here as it might lead me towards a solution.