Android RIL driver for Android 14

It is normal.
The RIL will use the CMUX and open the /dev/ttyAML6 port.
Which module are you using ?
Can you confirm that the uart port is OK with AT command?
Please provide the log.

Okay, I use a EC25-EUGA-512-SGNS with the firmware EC25EUGAR06A07M4G.
Yes, the AT commands work if I use UART directly in the adb shell with 115200 baudrate.

Please provide the log.

logcat -b all

see this post here above

This is not what I needed.

Please also check

ps -elf | grep ril

this is the ps -elf output

radio          463     1 0 14:45:38 ?     00:00:01 rild -l /vendor/lib64/hw/libquectel-ril.so -- -d /dev/ttyAML6 -B 115200
root          2933  2931 16 15:08:06 pts/0 00:00:00 grep ril

Please provide the complete log.

If you need CMUX, the RTS pin must be low.

here’s the full log including boot up

LogUartRil.txt (253.4 KB)

Do I have to set it to GND or can it be left floating?

Here’s what I see on the TX/RX lines (upper one is TX, lower one is RX). The modem is answering the first AT command but not the second command.

The main uart of the EC25 has bugs, if you want to use the CMUX, the RTS pin should be low.

I tried that but it didn’t change anything – what about CTS/DTR and so on?

I finally got the communication running!
There has been indeed a connection issue and now it works – thanks for your help!

I now ran into a different problem though. I see that after it tries to dial up, the RIL driver sends the modem to sleep mode (AT+QSCLK=1) from which it never wakes up again. Is it somehow possible to disable the sleep mode in the driver?

Yes. Did you pull the RTS down?
By default it send the command AT+QSLCK=1 and that may block the modem to sleep.

Yes, I pulled it permanently to ground.
Yes, I see that and this is a problem for our application, because we still want to communicate with the modem sing AT commands.
Is there a way to disable the sleep command in the RIL driver? or how can the UART be enabled/ woken up again if needed?